2.17.2006

Peace and Pain

This week I had the wonderful privilege to view a video about Palestine...Specifically about the wall being put up by the Israeli government on Palestinian land (inside the "Green Line"). Let me preface this by saying my knowledge and understanding is not extensive regarding the issues of this land, and it has only been recently that I have made a diligent effort to seek out information. However, I know pain and suffering when I see it...Especially when it is seen on the faces of those who desire peace. Think for a moment how you would feel if the land your family lived on for generations, that gave you income through farming, you could now not even set foot on just because it was on the other side of a "line"--now a wall. You cannot feed your family and you cannot see your relatives because they live on another side of the wall (this wall is not straight). I would be mad, sad, angry, and ready to fight! But in the faces of those I listened to on this video was a true desire for peace. I wish that one day I can have the same passion for peace. I own a piece of the Berlin Wall from when it fell in 1989. Though I was a pre-teen at the time, I understood the significance of that event, and knowing that peace had prevailed. Have we not learned anything from putting up walls? IT DOES NOT WORK!! Only through love and understanding of one another can true peace come--by breaking down the walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home